Eric Clapton's Rolex Chronograph

Posted by watchesukchm watchesukchm
It is no secret that we have something of a penchant for vintage http://www.modserap.com/hublot-replica-australia-for-sale.html watches (can you blame us?), and those with some provenance of any kind get us even more excited. Steve McQueen's Submariner 5512 that sold at Antiquorum last year was amazing, and even this GMT bought by Patty Duke for her then husband in 1968 was pretty cool. Today we have something that we think a lot of people are going to be interested in; it's a vintage tag heuer carrera replica that was owned by a man respected and loved the world over, a man whose wrists (or rather the adjoining hands, really) are some of the most famous in the world, yes Slow Hand himself, Eric Clapton, OBE. The rolex Submariner replica watch we've found for you is a great looking vintage Rolex from the 1950s. This 18k rose gold chronograph is a valuable watch without being owned by any rock legend (Mondani puts one in very good condition between $60,000-$74,000) so with Clapton's association, you're likely looking at a pretty sizable chunk of scratch to own a piece of Cream, the Yardbirds, and the 4th greatest guitar player of all time (according to Rolling Stone). Obviously, this is a potentially once in a lifetime chance to get your hands on a watch of this caliber owned by a musician of this caliber. Click here for the details of this vintage Rolex chronograph, reference 6034, previously owned by Eric Clapton.Two outstanding vintage Rolex Submariners from two different auction houses are coming up for sale next week, and we felt it to be our duty to inform you of both your options in the rare and interesting Sub game. Let's get right into it. Anyone a fan of Tony Gwynn or the San Diego Padres? To wear a watch like this, you're going to have to be. This watch is, of course, a Rolex Day-Date (aka President) given to Mr. Tony Gwynn in 1996 by the San Diego Padres organization. The watch is in really excellent condition, and our guess is you're not going to find too many Rolex Presidents with an enormous PADRES logo on the dial too often. Also, in case you forget who owned this watch originally, the caseback is deeply engraved with "TONY GWYNN 1996".1996 was a meaningful year for Gwynn because it was then when he won his 7th (of 8 total) National League Batting titles. Gwynn had a historic career, also winning 5 Gold Gloves, and being selected to the All-Star team 15 times. This Rolex President, the former property of Tony Gwynn, is for sale in Carmel California for $20,000. It is being sold my our friends at Fourtané, the same people who were gracious enough to let us borrow a 6-figure Rolex Daytona Paul Newman for our Mercedes SLS Video.